Monday 26 December 2011

new tool Revell Junkers Ju 88 A-4 (3)

Build proceeds apace - or rather at snails pace. Plenty of Green Putty on all major joins, which I guess is the price to pay for the kit's relative complexity and modular design/parts break down. Personally I dislike to see Ju 88 wings in eight parts although the fit everywhere is pretty good with only a light sanding required on the engine nacelles. Rather than apply putty and sand, I apply and then wipe away excess with cotton bud and nail polish remover/acetone. Engines and wing flaps are built up and painted separately. I wasn't quite sure how to approach the painting of the Jumo radiators - in the end I've opted for grey primer, a black wash and a little light drybrushing to bring out all the neat detail..



No comments:

Post a Comment