Wednesday 24 July 2013

"rigging" the Gladiator in 1:72nd scale (5)



Here is some progress on the new Airfix Gladiator. I have attached the gear legs and wheels - beware, the axles are very fragile and easily broken, ask me how I know! I have spent the afternoon in the sunshine applying lengths of stretched sprue into holes I've drilled in the wings to replicate the rigging. Airfix provide a rigging diagram which indicates exactly where to drill. Generally speaking I'm reasonably happy with the effect - to be honest I don't intend to add every line since there are a lot of them and not much room to manoeuvre after adding the main lines. Removing the 'X' support frame from between the wing struts was also a tricky exercise, perhaps part-cutting prior to fitting might work. In the end a quick cut with a heated blade worked for me



2 comments:

  1. Almost ready.
    Missing :) maybe just a blue swastika (knee position) on a white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Falke, I usually follow your fine blog. I would like to suggest you that added "Translate" gadget to your blog, wich one is available in google blogger options.
    It will be so good because you have a very interesting information. That I can`t understand at all.
    Thanks a lot
    P.D.:SORRY FOR MI ENGLISH

    ReplyDelete