Friday 23 August 2013

new tool Airfix Fw 190 A-8 in1:72nd scale build review (2)



still hot here in Kent ..and as I'm fortunate enough to live right next door to this ....


..it has been a little difficult getting down to some of this ....


still, today I thought I'd get some paint on the model (Xtracolour enamels) and it came out reasonably well...I'm not sure about masking the canopy closed now, it looks a little on the large side and I think I would have preferred to leave it open to disguise that fact, it should ideally sit flush with the rear fuselage...below comparison pic with the Revell A-8 (left). I like the surface detail on this new Airfix kit a lot...





below, some Focke Wulf reference, including Peter Rodeike's 444-page photo history 'Jagdflugzeug 190' and Jean Yves Lorant's classic 'Le Focke Wulf 190' , another 400-page volume, although this one was written and published when the author was still in his teens...


1 comment: