Monday 8 February 2016

new-tool Airfix Blenheim Mk I build on the bench (4)

As the transparencies were short-shot on my first Blenheim new tool, a kind BM-er send spares from Australia. These arrived just after Christmas. Still nothing- since early November - from Hornby themselves. In the meantime I started kit 2 determined to do a better job by not following the instructions. But still my progress is slow. Now I'm a reasonable, measured sort of guy but there are limits.....as a moderately experienced modeller this is an absolutely appallingly badly designed kit and the fit is atrocious. Nothing fits! Even with help from 'Steve' and others who have completed it. Falling rapidly out of love with Airfix on this one.



Now I'm doing one build as per the instructions and the other 'out on my own' ..guess which method has the least gaps and is proving the 'easiest' -relatively speaking - to work on?  Above, kit 1 - fit the fuselage parts together as two halves and then join. Much better result than kit 2 , images below. To follow the instructions on the Airfix new-tool Blenheims is to invite disaster! Below, kit 2 - lots of filling and sanding..






The finished model can be seen on this blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment