Thursday 28 April 2016

Zvezda Junkers Ju 88 G-6 in 72nd scale (2)






While struggling with the Airfix Blenheims recently, I picked up the Zvezda Junkers Ju 88 G-6 again. I am amazed to think that it is five years since I started this kit and that I haven't touched it in all that time.

It is a great looking kit, for less than half the cost of the Hasegawa model. I have replaced the rather short tail fin with the Quickboost resin replacement and fitted the AIMS resin Jumo engines as the Jumo charger intakes supplied in the kit are very poor - perhaps copied from the equally poor Hasegawa intakes.




Engines on and the new tail has also been fitted. The undercarriage - as on most Ju 88 kits - was far too 'stalk-like' and has been cut down a little and repinned. Still a little unsure of which machine I actually want to model, but my choice will no doubt be inspired by the latest AIMs decal sheet - Ju 88 Fighters which arrived here last week.





2 comments:

  1. hi Falke I am commenting in hopes you can maybe help me with information regarding Luftwaffe pilot Walter Shermutzki

    He is involved in Downing of 408 Sqdn Lancaster NP744 which took the life of my relative Air Bomber L J Reaume. I am unable to find the articles you refer to in your blogs. Please, you can email me at adamreaume @ gmail . com

    I am eager for more info!

    thanks

    Adam

    http://www.aircrewremembered.com/vernon-gilson.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil
    Are you going berlin nose with this one ? I have started my dragon G-6 Berlin in the single type G/B over on Britmodeller useing the Aims set.
    Cheers Alistair

    ReplyDelete